STATEMENT OF POLICY 2009-02:
It is the policy of Georgetown Charter Township to snowplow sidewalks adjacent to certain streets as designated by the Georgetown Township Board as listed in this policy adopted by the Township Board on August 24, 2009.
The list of sidewalks to be snowplowed may be amended from time to time by Township Board resolution.
The sidewalks adjacent to the following streets are to be plowed by Georgetown Charter Township as stated in this policy:
- Baldwin St. (from 48th Ave to Cottonwood Dr)
- Bauer Rd (from 24th Ave to 20th Ave and Meadowbrook Dr to Cottonwood Dr)
- Cottonwood Dr (from Bauer Rd to Baldwin St)
- Port Sheldon St (from 40th Ave to Center Industrial Dr and 14th Ave to 8th Ave)
- Rosewood St (from Rolling Hills Dr to Chicago Dr)
- 12th Ave (from Baldwin St to Port Sheldon St)
- 14th Ave (from Port Sheldon St to Carol Dr)
- 20th Ave (from Bauer Rd to Rosewood St)
- 28th Ave (from Baldwin St to Port Sheldon St)
- 40th Ave (from Baldwin St to Blair St)
Although the Township may snowplow certain sidewalks, this policy IN NO WAY relieves the occupant or owner of any lot or premises adjoining any street within Georgetown Township of the responsibility to clear all ice and snow from sidewalks adjoining any street as stipulated in Sec. 10-220 of the Georgetown Township Code of Ordinances.
Georgetown Township Code of Ordinances:
Sec. 10-220. Sidewalks to be cleared.
The occupant of every lot or premises adjoining any street, or the owner of such lot or premises, if the same are not occupied, shall clear all ice and snow from sidewalks adjoining any street, or the owner of such lot or premises, if the same are not occupied, shall clear all ice and snow from sidewalks adjoining such lot or premises within the time herein required. When any snow or ice shall cease to fall during the daylight hours, such snow or ice shall be cleared from the sidewalks within 24 hours after such cessation. When a fall or snow or ice shall have ceased during the nighttime, it shall be cleared from sidewalks by 6:00 p.m. of the day following.